2022 Dance Artist Residency Scheme announcement
There will be a new round of DARS opening up for applications on the 25th January with a closing date of 24th February at 5.30pm.
The objective of the Dance Artist Residency Scheme is to stabilise and support a network of dance artists in residence across the country. The scheme is specifically aimed at dance artists working in collaboration with an arts centre, festival and/or a local authority (local authority is mandatory for strand 1). This scheme has two strands.
Strand 1: Full residencies
The scheme aims to:
- Consolidate both professional and community-based dance practice in a variety of regional contexts
- Offer opportunities to dance artists around the country to engage in a programme of artistic work relevant to their own practice
- Offer opportunities to local authorities and arts centres to develop dance practice in their areas
- Encourage the development of long-term planning and sustainability of independent dance activities.
Strand 2: Short-term residencies
This scheme aims to:
- Support short-term residencies with a festival, arts centre or arts organisation
- Offer an opportunity to establish collaboration and develop the place of dance with a targeted group of people
- Consolidate both professional and community practice in a variety of regional contexts
- Provide an opportunity for new cohorts of people to access high-quality dance engagement
- Have an opportunity for mentorship with established dance artists in residence.
A new set of guidelines for this scheme will appear on the Dance Artist Residency page of our website over the coming weeks.