Open Call for Island Connect Residencies
ISLAND CONNECT is a collaborative program between five performing arts organisations, working with residencies located on (or associated with) European islands of different countries. United in the project by a common interest in contributing to the creation and consolidation of performing arts, the network partners of the international exchange residency program, wish to address an important ambition to support the artists and arts companies in their personal and professional development within the project’s framework, therefore are launching this call for projects.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 11th January, 2021 (23:59, Central European Time)
- The residencies will take place in the five islands (Denmark, Croatia, Ireland, Greece or Spain – the Balearic Islands) at different times throughout 2021.
- The length of the residencies will be 2 weeks with a work-in-progress presentation at the end of the term.
- The residencies provide and ensure both working and living conditions which include: working venue / space and basic technical conditions at a selected island community, paid pre-arranged accommodation (twin rooms), local and international travel expenses to residency and capacity building locations, travel expenses to the residency, per diems, fee up to 2,400.00 EUR per company (1,200.00 per 2 week residency).
- Presentations of finished works of selected artistic companies will be organized by local partners of the Island Connect network.
The Island Connect program will be complemented in 2021 by a 5-day SpringLab in Limerick/Ireland, from March 23rd to 27th 2021. A person responsible for artistic direction from each selected company will be invited to join the workshop with the aim to provide the companies tools for development, creativity and sustainability of their artistic projects. The workshop has two parts; one on project development and dramaturgy, one on personal leadership. There will also be a workshop on feedback processes with Rivca Rubin and a seminar on Islander identity.
- Be a performing artist based in Denmark, Croatia, Ireland, Greece or the Balearic Islands.
- Artists and/ or Artistic Companies may have maximum 3 people per company.
- The country that you are based in will determine which residencies you can apply for
OBLIGATIONS: Artist(s) / Company(s):
- Must be available for the whole duration of both residencies (local and international)
- Must be willing & able to send a member of the company to the SpringLab / Capacity Building Workshop;
- Shall hold a presentation of their work developed at the end of each residency;
- Shall be encouraged to participate in the life of the specific site/ locality, and take photos and videos of their residency to be shared publicly,
- Shall be available for potential requests for interviews by the press regarding this programme.
Island Connect aims to be an inclusive project, open to participants of all ages, abilities, genders, sexualities, and national origins. Not all of our venues are completely accessible, but we will endeavour to meet peoples’ needs wherever we can.