Deadline: Bursary Awards, Thursday, 30 January, 2020
The deadline for the next round of the Arts Council's Bursary Awards is Thursday, 30 January 2020 at 5.30pm
The window for making an application opens on Tuesday, 17 December 2019.
The Arts Council provides Bursary Awards in order to assist individual artists in the development of their art practice. The award emphasises the value and benefit to an artist’s development that is derived from a focused period of engagement with their practice.
The upcoming round of the Bursary Award is available in the following artform areas:
- Literature (English Language)
- Street Arts & Spectacle
- Visual Arts
Guidelines for each award will be published on the available fundingsection on our website.
- You may apply for only one art form or arts practice area Bursary Award in any one calendar year
- You may not apply to Round 1 of the Bursary Award in 2020 (closing date 30 January 2020) if you were awarded a Bursary Award in the second round of 2019 (closing date 13 June 2019).
- You may not apply for a Bursary Award in 2020 if you were awarded a Next Generation Artists Award in 2019.
In addition, you may only apply to one of the following Awards in 2020:
- Bursary, Round 1
- Bursary, Round 2
- Next Generation Artists Award
- Markievicz Bursary
Applications will only be accepted through the Arts Council’s online services website. Applicants who have not previously used this system must register in advance of making an application. It is recommended that applicants allow five working days for registration prior to making an application.