The Arts Council has a long-standing partnership with a number of Irish universities offering Writer-in-Residence/Fellowship positions to provide university students of Creative Writing MA and MFA programmes with an opportunity to work with and learn from a professional author of distinction, and to enable writers to develop their work while in a position of relative financial stability.
The Arts Council Writer in Residence was established to provide a stimulating environment for the resident writer, and afford a degree of financial support to concentrate on their own practice. Additionally, the residency brings energy and dynamism to the university, and allows students and faculty to engage with a practicing writer for a concentrated period.
Applications are now open for the following Writer in Residence positions:
- Irish-language Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
- Writer in Residence, Dublin City University
- Writer in Residence, Maynooth University
- Writer in Residence, NUI Galway
- Writer’s Fellowship, Trinity College Dublin
- Writer in Residence, University College Cork
- Writer in Residence, University College Dublin
Writers must apply directly to the University. Individual advertisements can be downloaded from the Arts Council website here.
The closing date for all positions is 17.30pm on Thursday 28 October 2021.