Arts Council Community Engagement Guidelines
The Arts Council manages a variety of social media channels, all of which have been established as a way for you to connect with us and with other members of the public interested in the Arts Council. We’re happy that you’re here and encourage your contributions, questions, and conversation with others.
The Arts Council, in everything it does, strives to respect, support and ensure the inclusion of all voices and cultures that make up Ireland today. This is a core organisational value underpinned by our Equality, Human Rights and Diversity Policy which was published in 2019. As such, on our social media channels we aim to create an inspiring and supportive community for all.
In engaging with us on our social media channels we ask that all users heed the following community guidelines. Please also bear in mind, our channels are moderated and as such, we reserve the right to moderate or remove any and all posts as well as limit access to our channels for users who do not adhere to our posting policy.
- Do not discriminate: We will not permit any comments that are hateful, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, sexist, or deemed prejudicial towards any community. Comments of this nature will be deleted or removed and users may be blocked and/or reported. This includes, but is not limited to, language, photo content, video content and links.
- Be polite: We ask that you use appropriate language and etiquette. Comments or posts which include offensive, disturbing, rude, abusive, defamatory, obscene, violent or inappropriate content may be deleted. This includes, but is not limited to, language, photo content, video content and links.
- Be respectful: We will not permit any personal attacks on this page. You may question or debate the content that we and others post, but you may not attack the Arts Council representatives or any other commenters.
- Stay on-topic: Keep the conversation relevant to the community and contribute to the dialogue. We reserve the right to remove off-topic and out of context postings.
- Do not SPAM us: Note any postings we suspect may be spam or postings including solicitation may be deleted.
- Keep it legal: Quite simply, don’t do anything that breaks the law. This includes, but is not limited to, posting information that is known to be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate or misleading.
- Be safe: Remember that our accounts are public. For your own safety, please do not post any personal information about yourself or others (e.g. addresses, phone no. or email). If we need to get in touch with you, we will do so via private message.